Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kawai Sonoko (河合その子) Rouge et Bleu Album

Here is Kawai Sonoko's Rouge et Bleu album. It was released on July 22, 1987.



1. Jessie no Higeki (ジェシーの悲劇)
2. Silent Revenge (サイレント リベンジ)
3. Kawaita Chizu (乾いた地図)
4. Aishuu no Carnival (哀愁のカルナバル)
5. Ame no Ki (雨の木)
6. Shangrila no Natsu (シャングリラの夏)
7. Sekidou o Koeta Summerset Moom (赤道を越えたサマセットモーム)
8. Nakimushitachi no Toe Shoes (泣き虫たちのトゥシューズ)
9. Tokimeki (ときめき)
10. Romance no Yukue (LP Version) (ロマンスの行方 (LP Version))

MediaFire

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very rare album from Sonoko.
thank you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

One of the best late 80's albums.

Rob said...

I fell in love with this album when I bought it without even knowing who she was or having heard her music, and it remains one of my favorite albums to this day (24 years later). I was 16 at the time during the late 80's, and I saw the cassette cover and it just spoke to me. There's was something very elegant and moody about the cover photo, and the music contained in the cassette perfectly matched that impression.

This album is one of those very rare albums--a dark gem that sparkles in the shadow, away from the mainstream spotlight. It is with this album, that Kawai Sonoko became a serious musical "artist." Her singing also reached a level of maturity, expressiveness and control that surpassed her previous albums that were of the "cute idol" vein.

Her future husband's (Goto Tsugutoshi)composition/arrangement/songwriting is incredible on this album, dripping with atmosphere and submerged in a melancholic mood. His playing is especially nice here (particularly on the song "Tokimeki").

Being a huge 80's Japanese music fan, I totally agree that this is one of the very best albums of that decade, and not just in Japan.

Claude Lago said...

Thank You!

Anonymous said...

I grew up listening to Jpop in south korea back in the day, even though it was banned for political reason. IMO japan had the most original sounding music back in the 80's. You can clearly see that music back then was very well written, it still sound somewhat fresh till this day. It's sad how newer jpop has completely lost it's magic. Kawai sonoko's original albums are extremely hard to find, even in Japan. I thank you so very much uploading this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this. It is indeed something rare.

I also like her music during the 80s & among the few Sonoko cassette albums i bought, my fav is still Mode de Sonoko.

Anyone with that album in hand?

Greatly & deeply appreciate for its upload :)

THANK YOU!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

Corwyn said...

Mode de Sonoko can be downloaded at

http://ifeeltheecho.blogspot.sg/2012/11/kawai-sonoko-mode-de-sonoko.html

Anonymous said...

Arigatou Gozaimashita!!! Corwyn san!! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks Thanks Thanks...