Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gems Of J-Pop & Rock (80's) Vol. 1 Compilation

This is a compilation album put together and uploaded by Robert Chang. All thanks should go to him.



Gems of J-Pop/Rock (1980's)
01) Kawai Sonoko - Jessy no Higeki
02) Rebecca - When A Woman Loves A Man
03) Wada Kanako - Hello My Radio
04) Anzen Chitai - Tsuki ni Nureta Futari
05) Wink - Kitto Atsui Kuchibiru
06) Barbee Boys - Hachiawase no Mecca
07) Haruomi Hosono, Shigeru Suzuki & Tatsuro Yamashita - Passion Flower
08) Iijima Mari - Kagami yo , Kagami ! (I wanna marry you)(New Recording)
09) Morikawa Miho - Positive
10) Kohiruimaki Kahoru - Tonight
11) Nakayama Miho - Overture/Misty Love
12) Psy-S - Simulation
13) Sandii & The Sunsetz - The Act Of Love
14) Yellow Magic Orchestra - Chaos Panic
15) Nakamori Akina - Yume no Fuchi
16) Hayami Yu - Caribbean Night
17) Sakamoto Ryuichi - We Love You [Remix]
18) Ramu - Shounen wa Tenshi o Korosu
19) Mariko - Sei Shin Densetsu
20) Boowy - Just A Hero (live version)

MediaFire
Mirrorcreator

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you very much
very interesting mix of songs
from artists i like kaoru, mipolin and winkku

Dustbunny said...

I love mixes! Taking. :)

Thank you. ^_^

Mandela said...

Looks like good stuff! Thanks for the mix Robert - waiting for Volume 2 =)

Also: You mentioned in a previous comment that you had many Sonoko Kawai albums. I would be interested in hearing any of those. I'm a fan of hers as well.

Thanks again!

andyeuro said...

Can somebody help me find the album's of Wink. i am finding it very hard to find anything by this excellent group, i have only the album moonlight serenade. thanks

Alyssa said...

Very nice compilation! Lots of good songs, including several that I've been searching for. Thank you for taking the time to put it together.

Alyssa said...

andyeuro, CoCo Media has many Wink albums and performances. Here's the URL:

http://cocomedia.multiply.com/

Most are pretty far back in the archives. Start looking on the second to last page, and go from there. :)

andyeuro said...

Alyssa you are the best in the world :) many thanks for the Wink albums and links to many other wonderful albums, i don't suppose you have covers for any of these albums do you ? thanks Andy

Lunatique said...

I'm glad you guys like the compilation. If you are all up for more, I'll make more. I think for future compilations, I'll get even more broad in the theme. For this first compilation, I included both idol-esque pop singers and much more serious musician/composer type of artists, and the only limitations were that they had to be Japanese and from the 80's. What kind of limitations do you guys think I should have for future compilations? A certain time period? Musical style? Include instrumentals from Japanese anime/film/TV soundtracks? Or I shouldn't have any limits at all and maybe as long it's all Japanese? Even then, I have some really nice Korean and Chinese stuff as well. Hell, I have a huge music collection of lots of different styles and cultures.

Mandela said...

Hi Robert,

I think most people here would prefer the 80's 'kawaii' idol style because that is what is mostly found here.

I personally prefer idols from around 1985-1992 - though I like some music from even earlier too. Not much later. To give you an idea: Sonoko Kawai, Yuki Saito and Mari Iijima are some of my favorites.

I think one of the biggest idols missing from this blog is Kyoko Koizumi. She was very popular, but her music hasn't made an appearance here yet.

I also think this page could use more material from male idols from the time period - Masahiko Kondo, Toshihiko Tahara, Sundays, Checkers, etc.

Just my thoughts. Thanks again for the mix!

apeot said...

@Lunatique

could you post the link to Yu Hayami's Yu's beat album?

apeot said...

@Robert Chang

do you have any other late Yu Hayami albums?

Giu said...

http://cocomedia.multiply.com/ doesn't work!! Help

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this!
Haven't listened to it yet but I am looking forward to it!

IRON DRAKKAR said...

que discos tan maravillosos comparten gracias, yo no estoy muy adentrado en los años 80s de j pop pero siempre es bueno conocer las raíces de toda esta maravillosa música, ya que yo soy de mexico y allí estaba canijo tan siquiera conseguir un anime y menos música pero gracias al Internet todo eso es posible ahora y gracias a blogs como estos que dan la oportunidad de compartir gracias